Monday, July 25, 2011

"Never doubt in the dark what God said in the light"

Going through a particularly bad week, I emailed a lady on a forum, encouraging her in how she is handling her bad year.  She took the time, over a week or so, to email me back a very thoughtful, touching, and introspective response.  In it, she said a friend told her "never doubt in the dark what God said in the light."

Sometimes we forget the truths we know when times are really tough.  We second guess our path and what we originally heard from God.  She reminded me of God's promises which did not include an easy carefree road.  That one little phrase did so much to pick me up and dust me off. 

Thank you, Lord, for this new friend.  Please watch over her and her household, showing them your light and love.  Thank you for working through her and providing us both comfort.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment