Thursday, December 1, 2011

Devil got your tongue?

14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing;
15 that you may prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world.
Phillipians 2:14-15

This hit me square in the face in my job.  It has been very stressful lately and others have not steadily done their jobs, but regardless, my witness needed to be that of a light, not someone ranting about everything being so bad.  It was very difficult.  God gave me different verses to get my attention so I would watch my tongue.  Search God to see what He's trying to show you.

29 Let no [a]unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification [b]according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.
Ephesians 4:29 (New American Standard Bible)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the words of wisdom. Even us old folks need to be wary of our attitudes and our tongues :-)

    ReplyDelete