Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Is your heart troubled?

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me."   ~ John 14:1 NIV

At three o'clock this morning, I woke up and was wide awake.  I laid there trying to get back to sleep, but my mind wouldn't let me.  I really needed the sleep and started worrying about that.  Then I started worrying about every single aspect of my life.  Then I was worrying because I was worrying.  What was going on with me??  I do not know why I went so far down this awful path, but I did.  Then I realized what I was doing and started praying.  The next thing I know the alarm is going off.  Hmmmm....when I asked God to please take away my worry, he gave me rest.

This morning I logged in and John 14:1 was staring me in the face.  Oh what peace washed over me! 

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  ~Matthew 11:28 NIV

Thank you, Lord, for being a Father who always will comfort us and guide us even when we've gone astray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment