Monday, July 30, 2012

New born foals

Have you ever watched a foal being born in person or on a video?  When the foal stands up for the first time, mama will knock it back down so it does not forget how it got up in the first place.

I believe our struggles are like that.  This past weekend my daughter and I had a wonderful day of girl time - shopping and heading to the library.  It was like we were standing for the first time in a long time.  Then Monday hit - and we got knocked down.  She decided to use her old way of dealing with things and stay down so to speak.  Instead of getting frustrated right along with her, I got back up.  I responded how I should have instead of how I use to.  I kept Saturday in mind, knowing that even though we had a wonderful day, God doesn't promise a bed of roses from here on out.  But He gave me another glimpse of what could be.  He gave me another dose of hope.  He's good that way.

Father, thank you for giving us what we need when we need it, in your perfect timing.  Thank you for making your desires the desires of our heart.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment