Thursday, October 4, 2012

On Our Knees

Last night my husband got a fire call as we were going to sleep.  And in case your husband has never gotten one, you don't go to sleep when that happens. :)  I watched the presidential debate and noticed the time going by, making my bed time later and later.  He made it back home and I was trying to settle down so I could finally fall to sleep.

Then a message popped up on Facebook.  A friend had a very real conflict arise and was asking for prayer from me.  I was so honored that she reached out.  And God filled me with this overwhelming desire to fall to my knees in prayer for her, literally. 

I would have gotten on my knees there in our room, but this was a moment between just me and God.  The most private place in our house is our bathroom.  It's about 6' x 6', including the tub.  :)  I squeezed down onto the floor and prayed for their family to be delivered completely from this conflict.  I begged for a hedge of protection around the children.  And I boldly asked God to provide peace to my friend and her husband immediately, to calm them.

I use to not ever actually get on my knees to pray.  But hearing others talk about how they get down and put their face to the floor has been inspiring.  There is something very humbling and powerful when you are getting as low as you can in order to go to the King, the Most High.

Have you gotten on your knees for your family, for a friend in need, anything; and gone boldly to the King?  He is waiting for you to.

When all the Israelites saw the fire coming down and the glory of the Lord above the temple, they knelt on the pavement with their faces to the ground, and they worshiped and gave thanks to the Lord, saying, “He is good;his love endures forever.”  2 Chronicles 7:3

Thank you, Lord, for making sure I was awake when the request came.  It didn't sit overnight.  I was able to pray immediately for my friend's situation.  Thank you for the realness of life with you and for being there every single time we call on you.  Please hold this family extra close and protect them from any harm this situation could cause.  Please be with all involved, providing wisdom, honesty, and blessings.  In Your Name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Your friend is very honored that you would pray so earnestly and immediately! And peace did come late in the evening and throughout today.

    Yes, I know what you're saying about the power of being down on the floor, face down in prayer. I'm thankful that I don't need to pray that way all the time, but it is definitely a very humbling way of connecting with our Father.

    Blessings and love!

    ReplyDelete