Thursday, November 15, 2012

God moments...

For 5 days this past week, I attended an online conference from home.  Saturday and Sunday were each 3 hours and very exhausting, but good exhausting.  By Monday morning, there was a pep in my step and I felt cleansed - cleansed of my mistakes, wrong perspectives, and my general state of being overwhelmed.

I reached out to a friend over email-
I have no idea what's going on in your life right now, but for the past week or so, I've been praying for you. I was making out a new prayer list and God just put it on my heart to put you on it. So I hope today is filled with blessings for you and your family and whatever struggles, great or small, you feel His presence.

My friend wrote back she had been thinking about me as well and about life altering struggles she's been going through for quite some time.  God knew she needed to know others were praying for her even though I didn't know the situation.  I shared my struggles with her and she responded with the same truth I'd learned in the conference over the weekend.  "We can't fix other people."  [The conference used a bandaid to illustrate it.  We are our kids' bandaid.  We can support them and protect them, but we can't fix them.  I guess God knew I needed the message a couple of times.]

Another cool part to this story - we've never met.  We 'met' in a forum and connected over sewing.  And yet God turned a simple friendship into a deep blessing. 

Dear Lord, thank you for your promptings, your lessons, and your blessings.  And thank you for writing such beautiful stories into our lives.  Thank you, Father.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment