Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sisters/Brothers in Christ

Have you thanked God this week for your sisters/brothers in Christ?  I most certainly have! 

This month has been especially stressful with the move, a close on our old farm that went haywire and should finally happen next week, rain almost non-stop, blah blah blah.  Nothing new in the grand scheme of things.  However, my daughter is having an especially hard time adjusting to her new school where there is more accountability and consequences. 

Last night, I contacted a sister to share an incident with my daughter.  Just knowing she was there and her automatic offer to pray lifted me up and I knew I could handle the rest of the evening.  This comforted me as another bomb dropped this morning.

Driving along today I mentioned my sisters in Christ to my daughter.  I told her how sometimes it's hard to be friends with someone who seems not to have a blemish in their life and yours seems not to have a clean spot anywhere.  But God gives us those friends because He knows they will be there for us through thick and thin when we need them.  Today was no exception.

I reached out over email to sisters/brothers at work and sisters at church.  I got the support and prayer I needed to keep me strong.  What a blessing they are to me.

"...a new life that is sure to bring changes.  Some of those changes will be good, while others will be less beneficial.  but msot important, we'll face them all together.  There is nothing worse than to be in this world without a friend.  There's nothing harder than to live without love.  And there's nothing more devastating than to live life without hope.  The hope of Jesus - the hope within."  ----The Hope Within

Thank you, Lord, for continually conveying your hope to me through my christian friends.  You make yourself known to me time and time again without fail.  Please bless them with your presence.  Please bless them with hope.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment