Friday, August 17, 2012

God's timing

Last Saturday I took a long nap and slowly came back awake around 3pm.  By 3:30, I let hubby know I was heading into town (45 mins away).  I was still tired, but just felt to pull to go.  Noone went with me so it was just 'me' time to enjoy.  I headed off to one book store and then another.  And there stood a friend from our previous church (before we moved). 

We had the one of the best talks we've ever had and I had no doubt God constructed a divine meeting.  She encouraged me so much and just simply refreshed me. 

I then searched for a nail salon.  One was in the shopping center and open!  I decided to treat myself to a mani/pedi and sat down in a wonderful chair that beat the heck out of my back.  I loved it!  While relaxing and feeling like God was taking care of me, I met a lady that is on the financial board of a home for girls in Guatemala.  She and her husband recently sold their home on one acre and kept the other 10.  Since they are traveling to Guatemala so much in the next months (he is on the exec board), they are living in the barn.  Yes, the barn.  They have a climate controlled room and a tiled bathroom in it.  They've sold almost everything they own and are living light.  They will look for a home when they get a chance.

When the world would say that they are crazy, I was truly inspired.  They are handing it over to God and giving all of themselves for others.  Are they without problems?  No.  But they are walking with God, following his lead.

I needed a pick-me-up that day and God put two godly women in my path to encourage and inspire me.  Who is he putting in your path?  Whose path is he putting you in?  Don't pass up the opportunites he puts before you, rather grab each one and look for every blessing he wants to give you.

Lord, I thank you for the women you have put in my life.  You know just when I need a touch from them and provide it in your perfect timing.  You are a wonderful Father!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment