Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Calling out to God

This morning I was a little overwhelmed with how to handle an ongoing situation in my life.  Many days I'm at peace and my head is above water, but today not so much.  I prayed to God, trying to recite scripture (new for me) and laying out my heart to Him.  I have no doubt that He will see me through, but I need guidance that comes from Him.  I felt better after prayer and a couple of hours later, I got an email update from a forum group.  A woman started a blog dealing with my situation.  She is laying everything out there in order to help others.  And she has written a book which is now on its way to my doorstep.  These are the verses she is staring with:

“When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.” Proverbs 11:2

“Wisdom’s instruction is to fear the LORD, and humility comes before honor.” Proverbs 15:33

“Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.” James 3:13

I praise You, God!  I had no idea how You would answer me, but You did in a most wonderful and caring way.  Thank You for answering as soon as I stopped trying to handle it all myself.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment