Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What A Day That Will Be

This past Sunday was our last regular Sunday morning at our church.  We moved Monday and will be looking for our new church home.  I purposefully did not announce to everyone, because it would be too much for me to take.  I mentioned it to a few and some tears fell. 

But my 5+ year experience at this church really hit home during the special music in worship.  A dear friend of mine got up to sing and I thought what a fitting send off.  Her voice and heart while singing has always blessed me and my husband and I was so thankful I got to hear her on my last morning.  As she sang, the tears streamed down my face.  She and others have been a  family to me and my family.  The faith of the women there far exceeded anything I imagined finding in a church home.  They have blessed me more than they will ever know.  (I need to find the kleenex among all my moving boxes.)  I love them like sisters. 

In the midst of my anguish and reminiscing, I felt a peace.  God let me know through the song that I will spend forever with them.  He also reminded me of what I always tell my daughter - when goodbyes are hard and they hurt, that means there was something special between you and those you are leaving.  I thank God that it hurts so much.  I thank God that as I looked around that sanctuary, I was flooded with memories and saw the hearts of those there.

Thank you, Lord, for the Godly women you brought into my life.  Please keep them close and bless them for the many blessings they have given me.



What A Day That Will Be
Words and Music by Jim Hill Mark 14:62
"And Jesus said, I AM:
and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power,
and coming in the clouds of heaven."



        There is coming a day when no heartaches shall come No more clouds in the sky, no more tears to dim the eye. All is peace forevermore on that happy golden shore, What a day, glorious day that will be.
          Chorus What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see, And I look upon His face, The One who saved me by His grace; When He takes me by the hand And leads me through the Promised Land, What a day, glorious day that will be.
        There'll be no sorrow there, no more burdens to bear, No more sickness, no pain, no more parting over there; What a day, glorious day that will be.
          Chorus What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see, And I look upon His face, The One who saved me by His grace; When He takes me by the hand And leads me through the Promised Land, What a day, glorious day that will be. What a day, glorious day that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment