Thursday, March 24, 2011

When I sat down to write, I had no clue what it would be about.  Then I wrote about how I've been discouraged and wanted to scream out for God to move in a friend's life.  I was so upset when I started, but then as I read over it, I saw God bringing me full circle.  I started in tears and by the time I finished, I realized God was picking me up by understanding my hurt and anger over my friend's ordeal. 

Through trying to encourage someone else, and speaking my frustration, God showed me that He is sovereign over everyone and every situation.  He will hold my friend up and do what is best even though I do not understand it.  He is a loving, caring Father. 

I deleted everything and started over, with the Spirit guiding me.  I'm learning the lesson that when I am honest with myself and God, no matter the ugliness of it, He is always there. 

Dear Lord,  I pray for those struggling with life.  I pray for strength, comfort, and peace.  If they do not know you, Lord, I pray they will see you through their trial.  Help those of us on the sidelines be a source of encouragement.  Thank you for loving each and every one of us.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment