Tuesday, February 1, 2011

blog start

3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:3-5 NIV(1984)


I have been blessed by the encouragement of others through prayers, experiences, and scripture and I hope to pass it on. God has led me to start this blog as an ongoing encouragement to myself and others. It's amazing how much you see God at work when you actively look for Him. I pray everything posted here will be God-inspired and that this will be a place of encouragement.

This morning, at God's prompting, I again started morning prayers with my daughter before she leaves for school. Besides praying with her, I explained I would be praying for her daily that christian friends will cross her path. This came to me from our Sunday School lesson where a father does this for his children. What an awesome way to help our kids navigate through this difficult time in their lives!

1 comment:

  1. Great timing on this topic. I'm finding much to think about.

    ReplyDelete