Friday, February 25, 2011

What is your cause?

Over the last 2 years, my husband and I took up the cause of "waking up" our country through a national program.  We have spent many weekends teaching men, women, children, service men, veterans, families, beginners, and old pros the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship.  We have also studied hours upon hours the history of how our country began, namely the start of the Revolutionary War. 

At some point, I purchased an American Patriot's Bible and started having a devotional on Sunday mornings for those of us missing church.  I relayed stories of christian patriots and the church of 1775.  As time progressed, I emphasized knowing what was good use and what was God use of your time.  For that time, I knew I needed to be in Appleseed and having those devotionals. 

Then God put a devotional on my heart and had to keep nudging me to present it.  At our December shoot, I asked the devotional attendees how many of them would go back to work, back to their families and tell them all about the weekend.  How many would relate their experience, their struggle, the good points of Appleseed.

Then I asked them how many would go back and  be as excited to tell everyone about their experience with God?  We are all guilty of it, me included.  We throw ourselves into something heart and soul and want to tell everyone.  But when it comes to Christ, we shy away, back down.  We're afraid we may offend someone.  Yet His news is the best of all. 

This was a turning point in my christian life.  I had given all of myself to this 'project' and it was time to give it all to God.  It's a daily struggle, but it is worth it. 

My 12 weekends a year will now be spent with my family, nurturing those relationships because this is the next season of my life.  It's not to say anything is wrong with devoting yourself to something and being passionate about it, but make sure it is a God thing for you in particular, not just a good thing.  And make sure you put as much effort into your study of Him as you do anything else.

I met many christians in the project and will continue to pray for Christ to move through that organizatoin.  He is doing a great work there, using His soldiers to reach people.

Lord, I pray for You to be the passion of our lives.  Please guide us to those things that fall in Your will.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment