Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Deuteronomy 31:8

And the Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you.  He will not fail you or forsake you.  Do not fear, or be dismayed.
Deuteronomy 31:8

Reading this verse reminds me of something a very dear friend did for me.  Realizing I was going through a hard time, she took the time to type up 4 pages of 'promise' verses for me.  They are verses she holds onto and hoped I could hold on to as well.  When she sent them, she also wrote a prayer for me.  That prayer made the Holy Spirit so real to me that I carried it with me on a couple of trips and now keep it by my bed.  I know in my head God is always with me, but sometimes my heart needs a reminder.  I also look at those verses and a peace comes over me. 

The waters are still rough and God is still showing me He's here.  This week different phrases were said to me and today they make sense.  He was preparing me for another wave. 

Thank you, Lord, for always being with me, never leaving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment